The active and standing mission of the Forge is to promote and foster an inclusive collaborative design and innovation community (Defined by the Forge Student Club).
- Provide a maker environment to support innovation, collaboration, and proof of concept modeling to enhance the educational process for students
- Provide resources to promote student creativity and innovation
- Serve as a knowledge hub fostering links to campus wide maker and fabrication facilities
- Promote a maker community through outreach and internal maker related activities
- Thunder Nova55 100w Laser Cutter
- Luzbot Mini
- Luzbot TAZ
- MakerBot Z-18
- MakerBot Replicator Mini
- Smart Board
- 80” Interactive LCD Monitor and Innovation Collaboration Systems
The Forge is primarily staffed by trained club members. Hours of operation are posted on the clubs Facebook Page at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k2r6osjjms6lqt41bi5a7j48n...
All students using the Forge are required to show proof to the staff member or Forge Club Member on duty of completing the School of Engineering Safety Test.
The Forge develops and delivers various technology “pop-up” sessions. The knowledge shared in these sessions is essential to assist students with class projects where they need to produce prototypes to evaluate form, function, and fit features of their proposed designs. The knowledge gained from these lessons will further serve them as future engineers and designers. Typically sessions are delivered in a three-hour block.
Current Pop-up Class Offering
- The Design to 3D Printing Process Pop-up Class
This pop-up will focus on giving students an opportunity to acquire knowledge related to translating computer aided designs into 3D Prints. This session will be delivered on (TBD)
[This should link to an event]
Contact (TBD) for additional information
MILL Manufacturing Services Request Forms and How to Documents
- Procedure and form to request services for 3D print
- Procedure and form to request services abrasive for water jet cutting
- CAD-CAM Modeling Translation Guide
- Manufacturing Services Overview